New Review of Purple Heart Moving Group

Reviews Posted to the Review Verification System will show up here! Add yours!
geraldhallsf

New Review of Purple Heart Moving Group

Postby geraldhallsf » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 pm

I’ve moved across the country several times and this is by far the worst move ever! First, I would not give much weight to the five star reviews on here and consider the more detailed and emotionally riveting reviews that accurately depict consistently poor business practices by Purple Heart Moving Group.
Second, all Veterans and Active Military Service members, avoid this company. They do nothing to support Veterans and Service members. In fact, I have requested Department Defense Trademark Licensing Program Office to look into this business use of “Purple Heart”, and one of Bait and Switch practices. They are a transport broker who accept the lowest bidder from third party movers. Also, I’ve submitted a letter to TRANSCOM requesting Purple Heart Moving Group be listed as off limit establishment in accordance to with Armed Forces Disciplinary Control Boards and Off Installation Liaison and Operations. Their business practices, poor service and communication combined with unconscionable contract terms adversely impacts the [financial and emotional] health and welfare of members of the Armed Forces.
THE SALES PITCH: they will tell you everything you want to hear that makes you comfortable with allowing them to move your home. They will tell you that moves can be fast as 6-8 days but they have to follow DOT rules and that it can take up to 30 days. During this pitch they don’t even know who the transporter is. They are misleading people. When I asked about moving from Bay Area, California to Florida they offered assurances that they will do their best to get it moved quickly and within DOT driving time for drivers. You can almost count on your household goods arriving 30 plus days. Ask about the late fees for delivery after 30 days. AND be sure to note that the 30 day clock starts on the day you tell them you can receive delivery. Oasis moving arrived and packed our home 23 June 2018. He asked me when I would be available to receive the delivery. I told them 28 June. So, by contract the 30 days started 28 June AND the 30 days DOES NOT include weekends. What you need to tell them is the day the load out your home is the day you can accept delivery so the 30 day clock starts immediately. I will get into OASIS moving later another poor performance.
CONTRACT: Find a company that can ship door to door. THEY ARE A BROKER THAT TAKES THEIR REFERRAL FEE AND LEAVE YOU HANGING. AS A PROPERLY LICENSED INTERSTATE MOVING COORDINATOR/SHIPPER AGENT/BROKER, PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP IS NOT A MOTOR CARRIER AND WILL NOT TRANSPORT AN INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMER/SHIPPER’S HOUSEHOLD GOODS BUT WILL ORGANIZE AND ARRANGE FOR THE TRANSPORTATION OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS

Once they had you off to a third party, they could care less. Your calls will be received my carefully scripted responses giving your assurances that they are working and coordinating. Every time I called they had no clue and always said let me find out and get back to you. They never got back to me. You will spend countless times calling and sending emails for a status but will fall on def ears.
They absolve themselves for any actions of the movers they hire.
CUSTOMER SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP AND ITS SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, SUITS, LIABILITIES, PROCEEDINGS, PENALTIES, FINES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ALL REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY CUSTOMER.
They will by contact bind you to filing claims only in Florida which contradicts contract law whereby the Plaintiff can file in the state where damaged are incurred which could be the state where the load out occurred. It keeps their legal fees low by keeping it local to them.
IT IS AGREED BY THE PARTIES AS MANDATORY THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA WITHOUT REGARD TO THE PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW.

They bind you to negligible liquidated damages for late delivery. $30 a day! That’s it. After a 45 days of waiting they will give you $30 bucks. Tells me that they must consistently pay late fees so by contact they keep the fee low SO THERE IS NO INCENTIVE TO ENSURE PROMPT DELIVERY!
IF AT ANYTIME PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP GIVES A GUARANTEE DELIVERY DATE AND THE COMPANY IS UNABLE TO DELIVER TO DATE FOR UNFORESEEN REASON, THE CUSTOMER WILL BE REIMBURSED $30.00 PER DAY UNTIL ITEMS ARE DELIVERED. THE CUSTOMER AGREES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT WE ARE NOT A CARRIER AND ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THINGS IN TRANSIT. ONCE THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED BY THE ASSIGNED CARRIER, ALL REIMBURSEMENTS FURTHER THAN THE DAILY ALLOWANCE OF $30.00 FROM PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP WILL BE PURSUED BY THE CUSTOMER TO THE CARRIER. ALL LAWSUITS, REVIEWS, AND DOT COMPLAINTS MUST BE FILED AGAINST THE CARRIER AS PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP ARE NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE FROM THE TIME OF PICK-UP.

PAYMENT
Purple Heart will accept credit cards but by contract you can only pay by case or money order. They want to ensure the transporters are not employees of Purple Heart. The movers who show up have direction.
AND they will not unload the truck until you pay. THEY WILL TRY TO RUSH DELIVERY WHERE YOU CAN’T CHECK ITEMS OFF AND LOSE TRACK OF ITEM ACCOUNTABILITY. We ended up missing items as the truck had other household goods.
UPON BOOKING, UP TO 60% DEPOSIT PLUS THE BINDING ESTIMATE FEE IS REQUIRED TO BE PAID BY CREDIT CARD (VISA, MASTER CARD, DISCOVER), CHECK BY PHONE, ACH, OR WIRE TRANSFER.IF AT ANYTIME THERE IS A REVISION MADE TO YOUR ESTIMATE THAT REQUIRES AN ADDITIONAL PAYMENT PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP WILL ACCEPT ONLY A CHECK-BY-PHONE OR ACH PAYMENT FROM THE BANK OF THE CUSTOMERS CHOICE. UPON PICKUP CARRIER, WILL COLLECT UP TO 50% OF THE REMAINING BALANCE. PAYMENT WILL BE DUE IN THE FORM OF CASH, CERTIFIED CHECK, OR CASHIER’S CHECK. THE REMAINING BALANCE MUST BE PAID IN FULL UPON DELIVERY BY CASH OR POST OFFICE MONEY ORDER. IF AT ANYTIME A CREDIT CARD IS AUTHORIZED FOR PICK UP OR DELIVERY PLEASE BE AWARE THAT A 3%-10% CHARGE MAY OCCUR FOR PROCESSING.
TIP: BEFORE even talking contract make sure you do a good estimate for cubic feet. They will screw you on cost.
BULKING $200! They will try to sell you additional fees. Bulking means they won’t pack anything on top of the item. We paid bulking for the piano so that nothing is packed on top. They packed lots of boxes on top. When I explained to them I paid for bulking the piano they came up with additional cubic feet of items which would wash about the bulking fee.
QUALITY ASSURANCE: FACT, there is no quality assurance. They will call you to go over number of items to give you an accurate cost but they will call you early on in your move so you may not have an accurate box count. Once you sign the contract there is no quality assurance follow up calls. They got your money and household goods.

STORAGE: OASIS Moving Company from Las Vegas. AVOID! As a broker, they will not have a 55 foot trailer that loads your household items for door to door delivery. Instead, they will bring 26 footer or smaller trucks to ferry to a warehouse that is NOT climate controlled. We have many items damaged from HEAT. Two laundry baskets were basically melted together. Our items might as well have been stored in the Nevada desert. The storage time was from 30 June to 1 Sept. They IMPROPERLY STACKED ITEMS CAUSING DAMAGE TO FURNITURES, BOXES WERE CRUSHED, DINING TABLE CHAIRS WERE BROKEN. ABSOLUTELY NO OVERSIGHT BY PURPLE HEART ON QUALITY CONTROL OVER THE MOVERS THEY CONTRACT.
INVENTORY SHEETS: IMPORTANT They don’t log down the item or box to the number. We also found a second set of numbers of the items
REBUTAL: They will try to respond to negative reviews and show empathy. DON’T BUY INTO ANY OF THAT.

CROSS REFERENCE WITH BBB, YELP AND SITES LIKE THIS AND YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE SHOULD TELL YOU TO AVOID PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP.

Return to “Reviews”