new review of Apex Moving and Storage

Reviews Posted to the Review Verification System will show up here! Add yours!
kaustubhmad1

new review of Apex Moving and Storage

Postby kaustubhmad1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:12 pm

I had a horrible experience for my move from New Jersey to California. I had got similar estimates and one lesser estimate but I selected Apex due to good reviews.

I had revised my list of items with their QA Manager 4 days before delivery and agreed on a revised cost as well. The lady who turned up for picking up good on the planned day jacked up the price to 3 times the cost estimated. Even before entering my apartment on the stairs itself, she seems to have made up her mind. The inventory list was the same. I did not have additional items. After 2 hours of arguing and on call with their shipping manager, she was convincing me to pay up after giving a $2,000 dollar more discount on the revised amount, which was basically double the amount I signed up for. Not just that, the lady and their manager were intimidating and challenging me that I would not get anyone else willing to take up for their revised estimate.

I and my family had a flight to catch in 2 days time and it was mentally very stressful situation but I had to cancel the move and go looking for other movers. I not just managed to get some other mover deliver within 1 days notice but also with $2,500 than the last quote given to me. I even got a call from Apex customer service next day saying that I was making a mistake.

I thank god and Hercules Movers that I managed to ship my things just in time.

I wouldn\'t recommend anyone to go for Apex. One thing they are pretty good at is that they are doing you a great favor in the cost they are giving. And Now the customer service is hanging up for me and not returning my $650 deposit that I had paid.

RamNY

Re: new review of Apex Moving and Storage

Postby RamNY » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:50 am

I should have read this before I booked the move with this Apex form. Went through the same set up and fallen to them and lost 856$. Beware of this scam where they trap you with a contract and very bad communication. They do not pick up the phone once you pay and hangs the schedule left and right. Also the estimate changes 300% when they visit and make it an impossible task for you so they can keep the deposit. Ai went with PODS and got it done all in reasonable cost. Please BEWARE of this firm. Any suggestions on getting my deposit back?

Return to “Reviews”