new review of Corrigan Moving Systems - Farmington, MI

Reviews Posted to the Review Verification System will show up here! Add yours!
jenniferhulse@me.com

new review of Corrigan Moving Systems - Farmington, MI

Postby jenniferhulse@me.com » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Next thing to a living nightmare. That's how I would categorize Corrigan. They did move me from Grosse Pointe, MI, to Baltimore, MD. But that's about all they promised that actually happened the way they promised.

I paid over $5,000 for my move - about a third of a truck. I'll make bullet points to keep this neat and tidy.

I was told:

• They pad everything in my home moving out and in. Reality: Nothing was padded. My moving coordinator, Katie, told me maybe the driver (Troy) had had an "off day". Both ways!? One way is inexcusable.
• Was told they would treat my high value items with special care. Reality: Troy didn't even look at the high value form. The things with the most damage were actually high value items. Try had me take a photo of my form and text it to him.
• They moved my furniture from my house, UNCOVERED, into the truck THROUGH THE RAIN. Called Katie who said she couldn't talk to Troy because his phone was in the truck. I handed my phone to Troy. How hard was that? He and his helper, Junior, started covering the furniture.
• Troy lied on his forms, which I wan't allowed to see until after I signed. He said furniture had all kinds of damage, when it had none. He said my rugs were already rolled up. Nope!
* I saw them cramming artwork into the top of the truck. These were packed in boxes clearly stating that they not be laid flat. They were flat.
* Troy forgot a second stop and left a blaring voicemail message on my phone blaming me!
• Troy asked me to help him figure out where to park his truck when he got to Baltimore.
• He (or someone) stole 3 boxes, including one with a valuable rug in it. Somehow, these weren't listed on the inventory I never got to see until it was too late.
• After 3 MONTHS United finally finished my claim on damaged goods. Corrigan kicked it up to United and washed their hands of me. I've been living with a bedroom filled with broken furniture. FILLED!

As I said, Corrigan moved me. But I have a check for more than $5,000 - just about enough to pay for my move. But not enough to cover all the damage done to my belongings. Many many things were denied coverage for inexplicable reasons. Corrigan washed their hands. Had no apology.

Do not go anywhere near Corrigan. Their drivers are not all trained at their facility. I think they gave this guy a shirt and a truck and my belongings. He didn't understand how to work the iPad with my inventory. Or he didn't want me to see that he failed to note my three boxes. I am still spitting nails at the horrible service I received.

I'd like to add that United has a claims system that is mystifying. They denied claims for reasons that flew in the face of logic. For example, the driver noted damage to a table, so the new damage wasn't really new, and therefore, not covered. Yet, my damaged love seats were denied coverage because the driver didn't note anything when he picked them up. Huh? By this logic, nothing is covered because the driver either did or didn't note damage. I guess it depends on the day!

Now I'm dealing with their appraiser who listed the repair for my sofa at $1,400 and is now telling me that it may be higher.

Whomever you choose, make sure you take all your own photos of your property before you move. And that you have someone to note all the boxes that leave the house. Or, that you have someone else to call the moving company on moving day in case of problems.

This will be one of those things that will take me a while to get over. No one likes feeling deliberately cheated.

NateCorrigan

Re: new review of Corrigan Moving Systems - Farmington, MI

Postby NateCorrigan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

Hello Jennifer,

I want to start off by sincerely apologizing for the damage that occurred during your move and for the stress & inconvenience this has caused you. Even though Corrigan Moving has one of the lowest claims ratios in the industry, it doesn’t make it any easier when your move is the one with damage.

I understand that our claims department repaired or paid to replace all of the items found to be damaged during your move; however I would like to speak with you personally to see if there is anything else we can do to make things right with you. Our reputation and our customers’ satisfaction are our highest priority. We believe it’s important to do the right thing even if that means going above and beyond what is required.

Nate

Nathan Corrigan
Vice President
Corrigan Moving Systems

Direct Line: 248-615-7950
Email: ncorrigan@corriganmoving.com

Return to “Reviews”