Transporting a Tempur-pedic mattress

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).
crambola

Transporting a Tempur-pedic mattress

Postby crambola » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 am

I have a king size Tempur-pedic, and have gotten different information from movers about how to properly move it. When I purchased the mattress, it was shipped lying flat on the truck. One mover told me without any prompting that the proper way to move a Tepmpur-pedic is flat, in a box. Another said a mattress bag is fine, and that the mattress can be on its side. That sounds strange to me given the manufacturer's strict requirements about the initial shipment.

Anyone have experience moving one of these mattresses?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.Walker

Re: Transporting a Tempur-pedic mattress

Postby Jeff.Walker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm going to defer to the Pro's on this one, as I've not heard any information on this topic.

Thanks!
- Jeff

Noone

Postby Noone » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:02 am

Flat in a box. Make sure you get full valuation and quotes based on in home surveys only.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:48 am

https://www.tempurpedic.com/product-care/

I remember they were a pain, because a lot of claims on damaged tempurpedics were due to the shipper mishandling them prior to the move.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Helpful Moving Information”