Auto transport from NY to GA.. Suggestions ??

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).
Giggles3079

Auto transport from NY to GA.. Suggestions ??

Postby Giggles3079 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:38 pm

I've called all 3 companies on this site under the auto transport heading. 2 of them don't do the NY to GA route. The third.. Pro star - I'm waiting on a quote from them.

I got a referral to The Car Carrier company ... Anyone have any reviews or feedback on them ?

He quoted me $2800 from NY to GA for 1 car +1minivan. How does that price sound ?

Any other recommendations on car transport companies I can call ?

Thanks

Giggles3079

Re: Auto transport from NY to GA.. Suggestions ??

Postby Giggles3079 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Called all 3 auto transport companies on this site; however none of them derive the NY to GA route. Pro-star's email referred me to TNT transport ( I've filled out a form for a quote). What other companies can you all recommend ? Will call DAS in NJ tomorrow
Thanks so much !

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 am

Those prices are way high. You should only pay on average $800 to $900 at most per vehicle. The haulers get paid on average $400 to $600 and the broker usually mark up the cost about $300. $1600 is where I believe you should pay.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

Giggles3079

Postby Giggles3079 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:41 am

Thanks JAHaddow! I still don't have a company to transport my 2 cars from NY to GA! I had 2 quotes for $1600 from brokers however the actual carrier did not have any cargo insurance ! Isn't that needed to protect my cars during transit ?? Can anyone recommend an auto transport company with good reviews??

Also is transportreviews.com a legitimate site for reviews ?? Someone mentioned it was a fake site ? Please help! I only have a week to get the cars transported!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 pm

Transportreviews.com is stuffed with reviews that cannot possibly legitimate. There might be a few in there that are real, but most of them are SUPER HAPPY with their mover, never give any details on the move itself, and recommend them to everyone including the people who live nowhere near the mover.

anothermover

Postby anothermover » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:42 pm

That would be a fair price if you were going cross country.

Return to “Helpful Moving Information”