profesionally packing a computer

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).
move2008

profesionally packing a computer

Postby move2008 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:46 pm

Could you tell me if there is an industry standard for moving computers and how the are packed by the moving company?
thank you for your help

MusicMom

Re: profesionally packing a computer

Postby MusicMom » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 pm

All I can add is to take the ink cartridge out and seal it in a Ziploc bag before moving the printer.

Do you have to original packaging?

MikeLitt3810

Re: profesionally packing a computer

Postby MikeLitt3810 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:24 am

Ok Use a dish barrel, Line the bottom of the box with plenty of paper. most towers will fit inside this box on it's side. stuff as much paper as you can fit around corners of the pc.

If you have the older monitor, not an LCD! you can add more paper on top on your computer and place it tube down. the reason for this is the bottoms of these monitors have been known to break off during transit. now fille in some more paper and all your other accesories should fit inside this one carton.

If you have an LDC monitor, add more paper to the carton place the monitor upright inside the box. so the screen is facing one of the sides of the carton about one inch off the side fill in with paper inbetween the screen and the side of the carton.

printers, Take out the ink like stated above me. ziplock bags work wonders. depending on the size of the printer get a carton that it will fit into. usually they fit into a 3.0 carton.

The only reason I suggest dish cartons over the tall 4.5 carton is the thickness of the carton.

Return to “Helpful Moving Information”